Friday, July 17, 2009

Weaving

Somewhere along the way, weaving has become a chore. I don't get to it. My loom sits lonely in its room. And I pine for it while I'm doing other things. The beautiful projects arrive in my mail box in my Handwoven magazine subscription... and I continue to pine away, all the while, my skills become rustier.

A friend, and client, told me the other day of her habit of listening to audio books while weaving. This seems like a good idea to me. I might swing by the library tomorrow, after my class and clients and pick up an audio book or two.

The fact of the matter is, that I am a busy person with my fingers in way too many pies. Am I mixing analogies? Not sure. I would love to add another pie, if I could find out more about a fiber/weaving guild in the area. I know they're around... just how do I get there?

I'm hoping, that by creating a blog, I might have more motivation to visit my loom on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment